Samsung Galaxy S3, which was released for the public in the first week of May is yet to be launched and the retailing process is yet to begin. But the Galaxy S III ROM has been leaked and is now available for download. The device comes along with a latest version of Touchwiz and this is something that awaits everyone. Anyhow the leaked updates are available and can be utilized by all to tune up their devices.
Information about the rom:
GT-I9300 = Galaxy S III
XXA = Europe
L = 2012
E = May
8 = version
Download it from here:
Firmware: Download [785MB]
CF Insecure Kernel: Download
Step-By-Step method for flashing the firmware:
- Extract the firmware
- Open the included Odin
- Put your device in Recovery MODE by pressing the (Home + Volume up + Power) buttons simultaneously.
- Wipe Data/Factory reset
- Then wipe the Cache
- Take Out Your the battery & insert it back.
- Put your device in Download MODE by pressing the (Home + Volume Down + Power) buttons simultaneously.
- Click PDA and select *.tar.md5
- Final step – click Start.
S-Voice[Siri Like virtual assistant] can be downloaded from here. Samsung’s cloud computing server is very choosey about who it responding to. According to reports, it is responding only to Samsung devices, but no harm in trying it. It is said to be working smoothly on Samsung Galaxy SII devices.
Other Applications other than S-Voice present in the download are:
- Pop-up Play (a floating video window)
- Smart Stay (which uses the front facing camera to refresh the screen timeout)